Saturday, August 08, 2009

getting close!

For reasons I cannot recall at this moment, my camera is at the office. I have been using this fact as a reason not to blog my walks. I'm done with that. Thus, a pictureless entry.

I discovered a fabulous recipe for a cold leek soup - with no potatoes! Thursday, after my morning walk, I slammed a cup of it. So fabulous. This morning, BEFORE my walk, I slammed TWO cups of it. It's really, really good. As such, I made sure to include the farmer's market in my walk as I am now out of leek soup and want some more.

As I was walking down Robert Street towards the bridge, the clouds over downtown looked ominous, but I ignored them. By the time I got to the bridge, it was raining in ernest.

I was all the way to Galtier Plaza at the cash machine before it occurred to me that I could have walked through the skyway and stayed dry. Duh. I did take the skyway a building or two before heading out and over to the farmer's market.

I am pleased to announce "The brussel sprouts are here! The brussel sprouts are here!" Whoooo hooooooo!!! I did a quick tour of the market, assessing what was available. I then availed myself to the best cheddar brat on the planet - Thank you Todd Romocky!! Then I went back and bought brussel sprouts, beans (finally priced at $2.00 a box - although peas remain at $3.00 a box. . . ), tomatoes by the pound, bacon (for the brussel sprouts, of course), and eggs (thank you Bob, of Otis farm!!)

I'd also like to give a shout out to AAFS, and whomever was in charge of the bags in 2007, because I think my American Academy of Forensic Sciences backpack totally rocks!!

After my market experience, I walked back, via the Irish Festival taking place on Harriet Island. Is there anything better than bagpipes? I think not!

Tomorrow, I plan to walk to the cheese shoppe. A friend of mine is in San Fransisco right now, and actually went to the Cowgirl Creamery, where she picked up a WHOLE ROUND of Redhawk for a mere $18.00!! I'll be paying double that here in Saint Paul, and quite frankly, I! DON'T! CARE!!!

Mad and I have reached our fundraising goal of $4600(!!!). Whew! (the Tupperware profits have not yet been entered, so it may not APPEAR that the goal has been met. When Jackie gets back from vacation, that will be taken care of, I assure you!)

My friend Karen, who is a survivor, is still looking for donations.

You can donate here: http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/TwinCitiesEvent2009?px=1957503&pg=personal&fr_id=1302 for Karen.

Best,

Christine

No comments: